Thursday, May 2, 2013

Something old, Something new!

Well finally after 4 years of renting we have been pre approved to buy a home of our very own.  I've waited and waited and waited for this day.  I imagined it would be so fun to house hunt, and find the perfect house.  Right now all I have found is irritability!  We have some decisions to make in the next few months.  And I've been praying super hard to know whats right for us.  Moving into the home we are renting, we knew that we would have the option to buy it.  But after living her the better part of a year, I can't say that I love it.  I don't hate it, but I don't love it.  I know that I am pretty handy and all that, so I could make this house my own by doing some things to it.  But I'm not sure that it fits our family.  The pros of just staying put are how much we like the neighbors, it has a really big garage, and a fairly large yard.  The cons are its one of those houses that looks like all the others on the street, its not got a lot of stretching space, and it needs some new things (like a fence, fans, and windows). 
So there is that option.  I also could go look at homes around town.  Which are few and far between.  There was one, that I really could of loved... but it sold literally the day we were approved!  So that wasn't meant to be.  I would love to look and look, but there is about 2 houses that meet my qualifications.  So we will see if either of these houses are really what we want.  The only  other option I have is to wait and wait, and hope that before August comes something new comes up!  I am not patient.  So we will see how that option goes. 
Like I said, I really thought this process would be fun, but right now it feels like a drag!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Would you consider a different town?

tif-do said...

Not really :(