Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Part 2

Back at Thanksgiving we had gone down and run the Turkey Trot.  I'll admit now that I'm not the fastest runner ever.  I'd say I'm average.  But that day I was having a really hard time staying motivated.  People were passing me left and right.  At one point even an old man bearing a huge resemblance to Santa even passed me.  So when I came through the finish line Kenneth says something like "Yeah I was beginning to think something was wrong because this old man that looked like Santa came in and you still weren't here."  I have laughed about it ever since. 
So about mile 11 of the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon I am running along, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a minature man and his speedy running shoes!  I'm thinking to myself "It can't be!!!"  So this man dressed as Santa started to walk and it gave me a chance to catch him, and I asked him if he had run the turkey trot?  And he said yes he did.  I told him he had passed me there too, and he grinned and he was off running again.   All in all I probably walked 1/2 mile of my 1/2 marathon.  It was an awesome experience, and something I never imagined I could do. 

Part 3 (Bad luck at the park).... To Be Continued

Turn your head and see that guy in red... thats Santa Passing me!


1 comment:

Briep said...

LOL that is awesome!