Thursday, January 24, 2013

Part 3 or What I like to call Bad Luck at the Park!

So after the race, showers and fresh clothes we were off to experience some Disneyland Magic.  Since we only had half a day we decided to go to California Adventure because there were new rides we had wanted to try.  First and foremost the new Radiator Springs Racers.  We get there and the wait was 120 minutes!  So we decided we would go try something else first.  We stood in line for about 20 minutes for Toy Story Mania... when we hear a loud noise above us.  It was the roller coaster (California Screamin)  that had locked up on the tracks.  So they decided for the safety of others they would evacuate the area.... meaning us!  This was the start of our spiral downward into the pit of Disney HELL!  Anyhow so we laughing it off went to try our hand at something else and got in line for Goofys Flight school.  We had waited in line for about 30 minutes when, you guessed it, it broke down and they told us all to leave the line!  Ok, still not feeling to sad we went over to the Ariel Ride... and SUCCESS we rode our first ride for the day and nearly noon.  At this rate we were not going to get to do much.  As we had gotten fastpasses for California Screaming before it stopped we were kind of concerned that we wouldn't be able to ride it.  But fortunately it started and we could ride it.  Feeling pretty good about ourselves we devised  a plan to get lunch and eat it while we waited in line for the cars ride.  The line wait was still at 120 minutes but we figured what the heck!  So we got in it for the long haul...not knowing how long it really would take us.  At 26 minutes in a voice over the loud speaker said there was a temporary problem and to stay in line if you didn't want to loose your spot.  Add ten minutes to the wait.  Then we started moving.  Wrapping around and around and around!!!  At 1 hour 45 minutes an announcer came on again saying the same thing.  By this point I thought for sure I would pee myself if we didn't get to ride soon, so I abandoned ship to find the toilet.  Luckily by the time I got back they hadn't moved very far.  Finally at 2 hours and 36 minutes we were able to ride a 6 minute ride!  Was it life changing, absolutely not.  But if the wait was 30 minutes I would defiantly ride it again!  By the time that was over my legs and feet were killing me (reminder I had been up since 3 and ran a half marathon).  We thought maybe we could find one more ride but all the lines were really long, and we all looked like we had been stampeded over by angry Disney guests.  So we called it a day.  We went for dinner and as soon as we got back to the hotel I was asleep clothes and all.  Then it was time for the 10 hour drive home. 
All and all it was a super fun time.  Some crazy things happened but great things happened too!  I got to spend time with the hubby without kids.  I got to spend a weekend with my sister and brother in law, and laughed a lot.  And I accomplished something I never thought I could do!
Hooray for riding a ride!


Amie said...

Is it just me? I can't see the last two pics you posted.

lvh said...

I can't see them either - thought it was my computer so tried a different one with the same results. Wow - that is a long time to stand in line for a ride - was thinking I wanted to go to Disneyland since I haven't been since I left Arizona but is it all like that now days. I am glad you got to have a weekend of adult time with your sister. Keep up that running - next year, you'll beat the little Santa dude.

Briep said...

I heard the lines at the car ride was crazy. I didn't know it was that bad though!