Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Staying Focused

It's really easy to get caught up in one thing, and forget to function.  I decided in order to stay happy and to make sure all of my family gets an equal share of my attention, I have been making an effort to focus on the positive things going on all around me every day.  I love my family, and I don't want to take even one good minute for granted.  I'm highly enjoying not working, it's amazing how you don't realize how much you love something until you do something you don't love for a week.  Yesterday I even spent my day baking goodies, which included cinnamon rolls, apple crisp, and blueberry muffins.  The kids all seemed to enjoy my efforts, and it made me feel good.  The kids are all staying super active, and following them from sport to sport gives me stuff to look forward to every day.  If I hadn't mentioned it, I am revisiting my past a little by coaching Kaseys soccer team.  How they hunted me down I'm not sure, but I had forgotten how much I love coaching soccer.  I have such a fun bunch!  And I was also asked to be secretary of the booster club.  Some would say that I have SUCKER written on my forehead, but you don't know how long I've yearned to be involved in my community somehow again.  I haven't felt so needed since I left Big Timber.  I honestly love this town, and that is a good thing too.  The people here continue to surprise me with their kindness.  And they all seem to already look out for my kids.  Ty had strep last week, and the head football coach, stopped by 2 times to check on him.  I've never had a coach even act like they cared before.  Then when I went to pay our trash bill today the lady there asked if Ty was feeling better, because she missed seeing him at last weeks game.  I don't know how she knows Ty, but in those kind of comments I feel a real sense of community.  I've missed that kind of feeling for the last 4 years.  Kynzie has thrown her self into choir which even though I get the feeling, It's not the cool thing, she joined anyway.  And now after a week, 4 of her friends have joined as well.  Some day she will be such a good leader.  She has never shied away from things even if they aren't the cool thing. 
And Kasey brings so much magic into my life.  I discovered yesterday that she genuinely believes she can speak cat.  I love that!  Through her eyes all things are possible, she will never set a limit to her abilities. 
Wyatt has faced his problems head on, and I'm so proud of him for that.  I know there is a lot of work to be done, but I also know he can do it. 
And then I feel so fortunate to have a husband, that supports and loves me through every bit of it. 
Lots of positive to keep me going. 

2 comments:

Mama Echo said...

I miss you Tiffaney!! One of the first things I want to do when I get home is come visit you. Glad to hear so much is going well with your family.

Briep said...

I always love feeling like part of the community. i am glad you are able to be involved in the community. It is sure hard here in Mesa. So big and I miss my small town.