Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Would you want to know?

Today as I was driving home from dropping the kids off to school the man on the radio was talking about a new study that they have done. He said that it may be available in the next few years to have your blood studied and checked for certain markers, and then they would be able to tell you approximately how long you would live. He said the procedure would cost about 700 dollars. And then rolled in the big question, would you want to know, yes or no and why?
I didn't call in my thoughts but I do have some. Would I want to know.... NO.
Even if the test said I would live to until I'm 104, which is my full intention, I would never want that looming over me.... a countdown.... always ticking away. Plus when I have a deadline... get it deadline.... I often procrastinate until the very last minute. I don't want an excuse to procrastinate my life away (I can do that later, maybe some other time, I have plenty of time left.) And what if you had the test and your spouse had the test, and his time was much less than yours, and you have that dread for the rest of his time about what your going to do after he is gone. For me, no, I would rather not know. Just live each day to the best!

1 comment:

Mama Echo said...

I agree with you 100%.