Thursday, May 5, 2011

Science in the front yard

When you spend all day with your 17 year old sometimes you feel a little... well insane. Luckily today was beautiful outside and I spent most of my time out there enjoying. I realized some of our bushes were looking a little sad. So under some investigation I found out that they weren't getting water. What to do what to do? I don't know much about the sprinkler system other than sometimes the green boxes on the ground may hold the answer. I opened two of them up and fixed the problem.... well not exactly I didn't fix anything at all, but I did find some fun creatures hiding inside them. The best part was showing the kids... even the 17 year old who immediately researched them on the internet, possibly to find out if they would make good pets- absolutely not- thank you very much! Anyway so a bit of a science lesson right there in the front yard.




4 comments:

Amie said...

What IS that bug-eyed thing?!?

Mama Echo said...

Is that a snake? With legs?

tif-do said...

BARRED TIGER SALAMANDER- Ambystoma mavortium, the only known Salamander in Arizona

leaner said...

A SALAMANDER!!!!! How cool! I remember finding those in SD when we lived there but have never seen one in AZ. How cool for you. I love those sort of creepy crawlies, not like the black frickin' widow I found in my backyard (or the cockroaches. *shudder*)

And that frog is super cute, too.