Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Plans go to Pot!

So I had all these big plans.... BIG PLANS. The ones that I've been making for when all my kids were in school. Well maybe not Big Plans. But I got together some ideas of projects I wanted to work on. But, and this is a BIG BUTT, it just isn't working out for me. Either my days have gotten much much shorter or I don't manage my time very well. I think it's the time management thing. I do spend a lot of time driving in circles all day. But where does it go? Seriously. Anyhow. So I've started crocheting a blankie for Kynzie for Christmas. It's not the fanciest thing in the world, but I've got a little over a foot in length done. I try to find time daily to work on it but this thing is taking for-ev-er! Then that brings me to the fact I have not even pulled my brand new sewing machine out of the box, because my fear is as soon as I get it all set up it will be time to put it all away again.... so I'm in search of a designated sew spot in this tiny little house of mine. Further more I started to paint a chair for my kitchen, and it's the ugliest, streakiest thing I've ever seen, so plan B would be to start it over, or I may even try plan C and crackle the darn thing.... what do you think? And by the time I do all my day to day chores (dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes, cooking, driving driving driving) I seem to have run out of time in the day. I hate to be a whiner but it wasn't suppose to be like this at all. Where did my hobby time go. How do you manage your time, so you can get the stuff you want to do done? Maybe I should just wake up at 5 instead... an extra hour a day might be the answer, the world may never know.

4 comments:

Mama Echo said...

I know what your saying...

lvh said...

Maybe wake up a little earlier in the morning and spend 15 minutes reading your scriptures. I know whenever I do that my day goes much more smoothly and it seems I can get so much more done. And having a place to leave your sewing set up really helps. I'm still looking for a space to set up my sewing machine and leaving it available for me but not having much luck on that. I would love to see pics of your crochetting and the chair you painted. Supposed to be 70 this weekend so maybe we'll get a touch of fall before the next storm blows in.

Carter Family said...

Hey if you figure out how to fit more in a day let me know. Seriously I think days have become shorter because I can't do much either.

leaner said...

Is this a trend? I am feeling exactly the same way. I can't even seem to find time to do anything. I am trying to refigure my routine, and at the moment its freaking me out. Oh, and every room in my house is a mess and I wish I had a smaller house.

Sigh.