Back in the day, you know years ago, when your kid turned the Big 5 you just waited it out til fall, packed their backpack, bought them a new pair of shoes and sent them on their way to school. The catch was your sweet little 5 year old would be home at noonish to spend the afternoon with you. Now, we live in a whole different world. A world where most kids attend preschool before starting Kindergarten. A world where for some horrific reason they have all day Kindergarten... what kind of world is this??? So here I am standing on the edge of a very big decision. Should I send my little crazy girlie to school in the fall... or should I let her be little for one more year.
Top 5 reasons for sending her:
1. She can write her name and knows how to dress herself
2. She needs to learn to play with and be around people her own age.
3. She will be 5 next week
4. She talks about going to school next year
5. I will be all alone
Top 5 reasons for not sending her:
1. She bites and screams and yells when people make her mad
2. She has a hard time getting along with others... even when I did daycare she would need to take a break from the other kids and play by herself.
3. Since we've moved she started having accidents.... oh the joys!
4. She doesn't sit and listen to adults very well
5. I would miss her horribly
So registration is next week, and I will go, and talk to the school. Get a feel for it, ya know.... but I'm really not sure what the final decision will be.