Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Early spring... no just beautiful Arizona







See the grass...it's growing in JANUARY!
While traveling this weekend, it almost seemed like a dream. For the last almost 10 years when we are in this neck of the woods it's been summer (oh so hot), it's been dry (oh so dry), and it's been our vacation. I sat in Montana on many occasion and said... I will never move back to Arizona. But here we are, and while driving in that car... down the road, I remembered how truly beautiful Arizona can be. Everyone who has not been here thinks of it as a hot dry desert, but in the winter time it's anything but. I almost peed my pants with giddy when I saw that there was patches of green under the cacti and bushes. And the desert has it's pokey version of an evergreen in the Palo Verde tree. Then there's the smell of the desert... it's one of those smells, that took me back to every childhood every picnic, hike, and drive. I love you Arizona, sorry I forgot!


4 comments:

Briep said...

I love it too. I Dont think I could leave my beatiful Arizona. I love the smell after it rains.

lvh said...

Yep - AZ has many good things and the desert is gorgeous. But on the other side, it was about 60 here on the crick today so we went for a long walk up the hiill after I got off work. It's been warm off and on so even here, under the dead dry grass and weeds, there are a few sprigs of green trying to peek out.

Pen-nut said...

I love spring, and I love Arizona. As much as I love to travel and visit different places the desert brings back so many good memories. And my daffodils are getting ready to bloom - spring is almost here!!

Joxer's Human said...

I hope you still have all this love come the end of August ;)