Thursday, November 20, 2008

20


It's easy to say I love you, when you've said it for 15 years... the words fall naturally out of you mouth similar to "could you hand me the salt". I start to take for granted what those words really mean, why we say them every time we hang up the phone, every time we say goodnight, every morning we leave for work.....
That love means... that when we say goodbye for a month, my heartbreaks a little, because I know that I'll miss him. When he leaves a note on my pillow, my tears fall freely on to my cheeks. That we support and love and take care of each other when we go through a rough patch. That this is the one who held my hand during the birth of our children. Who changed his life so we could be together forever. Who danced with me to the crooning of George Strait 15 years ago... and every time I hear that song I have to stop and listen. I'm so Thankful for my husband, my lover, my best friend... Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Look at little Tiffers!! You look so great . Happy anniversary!

leaner said...

I teared up just reading that.

Anonymous said...

When was that picture taken? I love it!! I'm sorry your sweetie is gone for a month. Hopefully it will go fast with all your packing? Or, then again, maybe not.

~C

lvh said...

Happy anniversary - didn't realize you got married so close to the same time of month as me. Not fun celebrating an anniversary by yourself. Will be great to see you next Thursday.

love ya, lvh