Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I had an emotional moment or two today while addressing wedding invites.  It's hard to believe that in 52 days I'll be a mother in law.  It's harder to believe my son will be married.  The last 7 years of his life haven't always been easy.  Many a night I spent pleading with God to protect him mostly from himself.  Many a night I spent pleading with God that he could find his way, that he could see his own worth, that he could find people in his life that could build him up, love him for exactly the person he is.  And then came this girl.  This girl that laughs at his crazy antics, this girl who is patient and kind, who makes him better, who brings out the very best in him.  I love this girl for that.  I truly believe she is an answer to my pleadings.
But the a hurt in my heart reminds me this is the end of being the most important woman in my boys life.  Gone are the days of my opinion being the most important opinion.  Goodbye to my little boy.  I know he will always be my Son, but now I'm the second lady in his life.  And I'm ok with that.

No comments: