Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas is Closer than you think!

Is everyone ready for Christmas?
I am and I'm not!  I'm physically ready, other than one gift that I was shipped the wrong size (so frustrating)  I hope to get it exchanged quickly!  I have everything wrapped and packed and ready to go.  Yesterday Mom and I did a ton of baking, so Thursday I should have everything plated up and ready to hand out...or possibly tomorrow. 
As for the mental status of my Christmas preparations... I feel drained and emotional.  I'm not even sure why.  I feel like I'm going through all the motions, but my heart isn't really in it at all.  My kids have had the sicks.  I worked all last week, which made me worn out and cranky.  I'm feeling family tension.  I just want to be happy and in the holiday mood!  Maybe I need a time out!

1 comment:

Pen-nut said...

You and me both - except that you are at least physically ready, I am not quite there yet. I am trying to find the spirit this week, but it is hard to find when everything feels stressful. And then I had to get sick, so that makes it worse. Can't wait to see all of you on Christmas Eve, family is what Christmas is really about anyway and it will be nice to be together. Love ya!!!