Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Talkin' Trash

I know its strange, or maybe not, but I love Tuesday for yet another reason.... other than it's terrificness. I love that every Tuesday is a fresh start, because it's trash day. I feel a parallel between trash day and my life, or what I would like my life to be. Through out the week the garbage piles up, icky things, old things broken things, sometimes wasted things. It piles up and bag after bag the dumpster gets more and more full. Sometimes its overflowing with things. Then the garbage truck comes rolling down the drive, and with little effort it's all gone, and forgotten, leaving a fresh start. Then there is me... filling up with garbage, some icky feelings(times when I just feel angry and mean when I shouldn't) old feelings (still feeling homesick and out of place in this town), broken feelings (a life that has spun out of what I ever thought I was able to handle).... wasted feelings (time wasted worrying about things I can't change). Unfortunately I have no trash truck to take it all away, no clean slate, because although I'm very good at acting my way through life, sometimes it all sneaks up on me and I feel full of all that trash again. Where's my trash Tuesday? But what would we be without our memories and experiences, an empty dumpster!

1 comment:

Mama Echo said...

I like this post. I also like it when the garbage truck rolls up my street. Wonder if it's because all my trash is going away and I'm starting fresh? I wonder if there is some way to symbolically get rid of emotional trash... I'm going to be thinking of that one...