Thursday, February 18, 2010

Escaped MacGyver Style

I have a cold... woke up with a runny nose and sneezy stuff going on. So doing what sick moms every where do, because hey we know that even when we don't feel up to par we still have to act like we are, I took some dayquil (have I ever mentioned people in my family are a little sensitive to medication, just ask my sister Penny who can get high off a sudafed(slight exaggeration), or Kasey who tends to kick and punch things when she takes benydryl).... any way here I am in full effects of the meds. And feeling slightly foggy, I head out to check on Hopper Lou Lou. We decided that because there is a lovely chicken coop outside, that it would be a good home for a bunny for the time being. So out I go in my drugged stupor....


The pen was built with love a few yards from the house. They defiantly didn't want predators to get in to kill their chickens. They also didn't want the chickens to get out. They wired it all up and took the necessary precautions to keep it safe. I got a cup of food and pulled the board up so I could go inside... but as I turned to leave I realized that I had not secured it up and it had slid right back down into locked position..... hmmm.
(total reenactment)
So what do you do when you find yourself locked in a chicken coop, with a bunny (I won't starve today I can kill and eat the rabbit). You don't panic that's what. (why would you panic anyway, you have your cell phone in your pocket, but seriously you can do this, because a. you watched a lot of MacGyver, and b. how embarrassing to have to call and ask someone to get you out) First I realized that I couldn't open it with my fingers they would not fit through the holes. So I look around.... straw... straw.... rabbit poop.... feathers..... huge board...... think think..... large hook screwed into roof (LIGHT BULB GOING OFF IN ONES HEAD). I quickly unscrewed the hook used the long end to pry the board up, up and out! Hooray I'm free, just moments before it all blew sky high.... yeah I made that very last part up... but whats an escape without an explosion!
I'm outta here bunny!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What? No duct tape? Still, I'm glad you made it out of there alive (and without having to call your husband to rescue you. How humiliating!)

Amie said...

That was so funny!!! yay for you, you are a true pioneer woman. :) (and I LOVE your reenactment!!)

lvh said...

Okay - just a word of advice - definitely speaking from experience cause you know how many bunnies we used to have. BUNNIES DIG. Unless the wires on the chicken coop extend into the ground which is highly unlikely, little bunny foo foo may get out and go hopping through the forest. That would be sad. So keep an eye out for digging. I just love your new place - hope I get down there to see it.

Mama Echo said...

We should start calling you "Houdini".

Elise said...

Ha ha ha!!! Collin locked me out of our apartment when he was two. He was screaming and crying cause he couldn't join me. Had to go to the neighbors house to call Joe to come home to unlock the door. (thank goodness he only worked four blocks away)

Pen-nut said...

Pretty funny. So much sounds like a predicament I would get into.