"Mom, oh please please oh please can I ride the bus... I wanna ride the bus too."
Kasey had a great first day of school. But in her little mind what would of made it a much better day, is if she could of rode the bus, like the neighbor boy did. I'm not a big fan of the big Yellow bus, and as awful of a mommy as it makes me I'm thinking the answer will be no for these reasons:
1. It has been part of my daily routine for 10 years to take the kids to school, because in Big Twig buses didn't run in town... its a habit that I like.
2. If she rode the bus she would be gone for an extra hour every day. I for one like to spend time with my kids and think the school has them for long enough.
3. I really don't have a lot going on right now that I can't drive my kids to school.
4. I think just letting her go to school was a big enough step for me.
5. No matter what people say to guilt me into letting her ride the bus, I'm not ready to let go of the little ways I get to still be part of her day.
6. I'm pretty protective of my kids, I don't let them out of my site much, and it would cause me great anxiety to worry about her until she got home every day.
So really I can't think of any positive reasons to let her ride the bus other than she wants to, what do you think about buses?