Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brain Barf

I blew it by admitting aloud that I was trying to run a mile by the end of summer.... and so this week I didn't run at all, that's what happens when I tell people my intentions I don't follow through. It's weird and backwards, and I completely blame drinking Diet Coke on the fact that a couple of years ago I admitted out loud that I was trying to quit drinking Coke. It's a flaw in the mechanism. If I say out loud that I'm going to clean the house on Tuesdays, I never get it done until Thursday, and today I didn't even get that done, instead after taking the kids to school this morning in my flannel moon jammies, I climbed back into bed and went back to sleep. I woke up sneeze sneeze sneezing, so I took some allergy medication that must have made me drowsy because after lunch I curled up on the couch with Kasey and slept while she watched Willy Wonka (good morning starshine the earth says Hello) Also thanks to Greys Anatomy last week and the brain parasites, and a lovely email from a friend about parasites in your intestines I am kind of grossed out about all things that may or may not crawl around inside us, and I'm not sure what made me think of that at this very moment but, I have been a total grouch this week, I guess that's why I haven't blogged much because I knew that I would just be grouchy, and every one would say "crawl back into your trash can Grouch." And at this point I would of probably gladly crawled back into my trash can, because I don't feel very happy-go-lucky! Instead I feel like sleeping... and complaining... and possibly even eating myself into a stupor (good thing I bought all that Ice cream the other day, and I'm quite sure that ice cream doesn't contain parasites because it is way to chilly and they do not have sweaters or beanies that small.)
But instead I'll pretty myself up and I will go to the school and watch Ty play his last home game, and try not to get so mad at his coach that I get my mean face on. And then it's on to tomorrow... and I'll wake up feeling like sunshine and marshmallows... or not.... but I most certainly will not run tomorrow either ( a little trickery to my self conscious).

No comments: