Friday, January 9, 2009

Home home on the range!

Yesterday my parents went and cleaned out my old home, took what was left of our belongings so we can pick them up at a later date, and locked it up. I know I will probably never step foot in that house again. Now I live in the middle of a modern day ghost subdivision. The houses around us hold their very own short term memories. It was a good thing gone bad, and when the economy went south the people here were injured from it as well. The houses here are skeletons of what might have been, vacated, foreclosed, or never completed. We do have a few neighbors, and the house we are living in is a cute, nice little house. It will do the job until we can resurrect our dreams of owning again. Hopefully someday. But for now this is where we call home.

No comments: